No really. I could totally end this post there, but that's entirely too easy and only kind of funny.
So, in the hope that someone can relate, commiserate, and laugh, here is how this horrific phenomenon affects our household:
1. We eat a lot of salty, pizza-y, fried, ice creamy, french fry-y goodness.
2. I burst into tears over absolutely nothing. This is usually followed by someone asking, "What's wrong?" and me saying "I DON'T KNOW! STOP ASKING ME!" and then being all whiny and pouty when no one is checking up on me to make sure I'm okay.
3. I ask everyone and their mother if they're mad at me. Asking random people at the car show this morning was probably crossing some sort of line.
4. I like to spend money. As in going to a car show for something free and fun, and end up buying $100 worth of Scentsy shit at a random booth and a funnel cake and nachos to make me feel better. Hey, to combat all that trans fat, at least my house smells delicious.
5. Someone will attempt to make me feel better by getting me Sonic drinks and/or Coldstone. It generally doesn't help, but will certainly win points. Points will be deducted by asking if I'd rather have the Weight Watchers fudge bar out of the freezer.
I turn our house into a "you'd better walk on eggshells and second-guess yourself four or five times before approaching the beast" danger zone. I'm sorry, family. But you're going to have to deal for a few more years yet.