Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blog entry names are hard. And tornadoes suck. And really, there's an e in tornadoes?

Soooo, drum roll please...... As of today, I am down 11 lbs. I am so ridiculously excited, I can't even tell you. In 9 days, down 11 lbs. It just blows my mind. I can't wait until my clothes don't fit and I have to spend money I don't have on new stuff. I'm actually 1.6 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I was way below, went way up, and now I'm almost back down. Yay! Seeing such results really helps when I want to eat a Reese's egg the size of Montana.

The storms last night were scary. I don't get scared too often, but last night I was really scared. Sitting in the coat closet with my kids and Roxie, it solidified the fact that I am a bona fide grown up. I'm kind of in denial about that. It was such a surreal experience to know that I would put myself in danger to protect my babies. It's not the first time we've been in the closet, but the first time I had to take them in there alone that the storm was wicked. The last time, I even had my friend's two little ones with me, but the storm didn't even materialize. This time, my lawn furniture hurdled my deck railing and parked it in the yard. I prayed so hard, and over and over and over again. Lord, please protect my babies...Lord, please protect my babies. I would shut my eyes and see both of the kids getting sucked out a window reaching for me and I couldn't get to them. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much last night, so I'm going to bed early tonight. Times like these, I really miss my parents and being the kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment