Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Completely amazed.

Turns out that I'm anemic. And deficient in B12. No wonder I'm bitchy. Anyhoo, it's probably a good thing that I'm doing this HCG diet because they give me B12 supplements along with it, and promote a mostly protein and vegetable eating plan. AND, I didn't feel like yelling or pulling my hair out today, not even once. WIN.

Speaking of eating, I'm only allowed 600 calories a day. Now, before you go freaking out, this is why. The HCG basically liquifies your fat, turning it into fuel. That's about as sciency as I get, it sounds completely weird, but hey, if it works, I don't care if they tell me the shot releases little aliens into my body to consume my fat. I need to drink three quarts of water a day, and keep to the 600 calories (give or take 15), and really, that's the quick and dirty version. I've decided to supplement with frozen meals so that I don't burn out, but I stocked my freezer today with turkey burgers, chicken breasts, and veggies.

This is what I had today (no worries, I'm not going to put my food log here daily, I was just amazed what all I ate today and still have room for more):

Breakfast:
a cup of coffee, black (boo, I be lovin' some belgian chocolate toffee creamer)

Lunch:
chicken breast (I had a rotisserie chicken in the fridge; I sliced off the breast and nuked it a little)
a can of green beans with pepper only

Supper:
An Amy's Tamale Pie
an ENTIRE bag of Green Giant steamed "healthy color" veggies

ALL of that only added up to 495 calories today. I have strawberries in the fridge that I am waiting until Violet goes to bed to eat. *insert evil giggle* I will probably have some yogurt too, since I doubt I'm going to eat 100 calories worth of strawberries. That's kind of a lot. The most amazing thing is that I'm eating a fraction of what I used to, and I wasn't hungry today. Except for once, and I drank some water, and it was enough to satisfy me.

Today showed me that I can do this. Because to be quite honest, y'all, I wasn't so sure that I wasn't going to cave. Especially when there's mini Reese's cups in the cabinet. ::sigh::

Another completely amazing thing that happened today is Quinn slept for more than an hour AND went to bed tonight without a fight. Hmm. Didn't want to yell at Violet, he slept, I didn't eat chocolate and drank all my water... I'd better write this down. Oh wait, just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment