Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oh no, I didunt...

Oh yes, I did.  I said something to Hubs that I vowed I would never EVER do.  I uttered the phrase, "If you only knew what it was like to _________."  In this case, it was a last resort after he kept bugging me and bugging me and bugging me (do you see where this is going?) and it was a certain time in every lady's monthly schedule where you JUST DON'T DO THAT, and he just would not get the hint.  And I instantly felt like the biggest asswagon alive.  I even apologized for being "one of those wives".  Which, in all honestly, should win me a damned medal - apologizing is HARD, y'all.  Especially for saying something that should have stayed an internal monologue, but didn't hurt him a darned bit for hearing it, except it's just not me to be such a shrew.  But dangit, when "No.  No, thank you.  Raincheck?  NO!  I SAID, NO, GAWDAMMIT, THERE IS NOTHING ABOUT ME THAT IS REMOTELY SEXY RIGHT NOW, INCLUDING MY BREATHE RIGHT STRIP AND MOUTHGUARD!" doesn't work, one must resort to what Hubs understands: passive-aggressiveness.  I'm not proud.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right?  Shit, I'm already on step 5 - I done made amends already.

No comments:

Post a Comment