Friday, February 10, 2012

A change'll do ya good...

In a minute, after I'm done typing this, I'm going to get off my ass and go sweat.  I've been slacking hard in this arena lately, and enough is enough.  (that, and I have 8 days until my first 5K - which I'm walking, but still...)  I've proven to myself that even though a snuggly fleece blanket and a pint of Ben and Jerry's is comforting (and really appealing right now), the sense of accomplishment I'll feel after I'm done will trump the sugar crash that is inevitable.

Besides, the UPS guy brought me goodies in the mail today, consisting of some new shower stuff, so the hope is that after I sweat my proverbial balls off that my new stuff will make me want to never leave my shower.  I got a whole bunch of stuff (thank you, tax refund!), and almost all of it I've never tried before, so I'll have to let you know if I got winner winner chicken dinner or if I smell like a cheap hooker after I'm done.

Happy Friday, everyone!  I hope that this good feeling continues.  I've been a little mood swingy the past week or so, and I'm hoping it's behind me, because right now I'm excited to get my shit together and do something that will not only make me feel good, but might result in having to buy new clothes one of these days.  Shopping = GOOD.

7 comments:

  1. Sheryl Crow is cheering you on - Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Cheryl knows just what to say. I ended up setting the preset workout for 45 minutes, covering it up with my Kindle so I wouldn't obsess over the timer, and when I was done I had 10.15 miles biked. It sucked at the end, but it was worth it. My pride feels better than my body right now, though. :)

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hope you smell divine and not like a two dollar ho!! Congrats and have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm... I want to call it a cross between baby powder and my Grandma's Tabu. Strangely, it's not bad though. Just smells different on my skin than in the bottle. And of course I bought the matching lotion, so maybe I'll have to start playing BINGO or something?

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the running. I feel really good today, like I am finally done with the head cold...but not good enough to run.

    WG
    http://itsmynd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hell, Scott... no running. That sounds like a fate worse than death right now. Besides, my run could probably equate a fast walk. lol... hope you perk up soon!

      Delete