Friday, February 17, 2012

Wrap Up.

I just haven't had much to write about this week.  I'm getting sick (AGAIN. BOO.) which makes me grouchy because tomorrow is my very first 5K.  So today I'm going to this running store that makes you run on the treadmill so they can see how your feet strike the ground and decide what is the best shoe for you.  This just blows my mind.  Technology is rad.  Then it's back to the house to put together the jogging stroller.  I think I'll just leave the house and let Hubs handle that.  Because even though I CAN do it, and could probably do it faster and without hassle (since I would read the directions), he gets all pissy when I try to do "man stuff" when he's home.

The best part of this 5K is that I get to "carb overload" tonight.  I am not exactly sure what that means, but since carbs and I are lovahs, I'm sure it will be an incredibly pleasant experience.  I'll be back tomorrow to discuss the race, should I live through it.  Right now, I should probably go to legalzoom.com and write up a quick will in case I don't make it out alive...

5 comments:

  1. I just ran my first 5K on Thanksgiving. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thoughtsy! You know, I was hating myself halfway through it, but I felt like a fricking rock star when I was done! Stupid brain telling me I can't - watch me, brain!

      Delete
  2. Good luck, woman!!

    I so envy you tonight . . . lots and lots of pasta? Yes, please. But without all that yucky running stuff the next day. Is there a 5Kouch? Cuz I would ROCK at that event! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, next time I'll kick Quinn out of the jogging stroller, and you can ride. You can bring the coffee and talk to me the entire way so it goes by super fast. OR we could just sit on the couch with coffee and we talk there. Much more comfy. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh sweetie. If you had to push my fat ass the entire way, you really WOULD get a work out. I vote for couch/coffee time. And no kids! (A girl can dream, right?). :)

      Delete