So, without further adieu (maybe, probably not, I have a hard time getting to the point this week):
- I love to cook. I like taking recipes and tweaking them (read: I don't measure shit) to make them my own/accommodate the pickyish eaters in my house. There's only been a couple of things they could have lived without, but when I get a resounding "nom nom nom" from the peeps at my table, it brings me joy. I do not, however, enjoy cleaning up said mess. But that's what I have kids for, right? Right.
2. Reading is a life source. I mean, I love my husband and kids and dogs and other family members, but reading has been my escape for so long from so much, I cannot imagine a world without books in it. I read anything and everything, so please pass on your favorites! Don't bother asking me to pick my three favorite books. It is impossible. What three books would I bring to a deserted island? My kindle, duh.
3. I was born in the wrong era. I'm not a fan of today's music in the slightest. I think the 70s and 90s channels were made for me. No, I'm not wishing I was back in high school, I just love me some hair bands. I think Woodstock would have made my entire life. And my dream car? ---> I want one so bad.
Now, on to the best part - I want to know more about these incredibly talented bloggers! These people make me laugh, make me think, and make me want to have them over for beers and Wii bowling.
- Johi of Confessions of a Cornfed Girl. Not only does she have the coolest name ever, and the view from her porch is of the majesty that is Colorado, her storytelling makes me want to move to Fort Collins. Because if I do, maybe I can get Lyle Lovett's doppelganger's autograph.
- Hoody Hoo. Even though I know all about her pancreas and her ham-stealing cat, I'm sure there's stuff I don't know that I really need to. Plus? She's hilarious.
- Bill at The Authentic Life. I'm expecting good stuff here, because I just started reading him, and I don't know much yet, but what I do know, I like. A lot. I also liked that I remembered to put a space in between a and lot, because they're two separate words. And that is my PSA for the day.
Misty, thank you for picking me!