Monday, January 9, 2012

Can Deluded Kelly come out and play?

Oh you guys.  OH YOU GUYS.  I did something that I'm really questioning after sleeping on it.  Well, not sleeping ON it, duh.  Sleeping on my laptop wouldn't exactly be comfortable.  I registered for a 5K.  And not only that, another 5K, and TWO, yes TWO half marathons.

I think I need to pee in a cup.  ME?  Ms. "I can come up with any excuse not to exercise to include but not limited to alien invasion" is going to "DO A 5K"????

Yep, I'm gonna.  On February 18, there is a fundraiser here in town that has a serious 5K, a walk/run, and a family walk/run.  Since The Hubs is going to be off out of state doing things that the Army tells him to for the Army, The Preteen is going to walk it with me, and Captain Awesome will be strapped into a stroller, enjoying himself immenseily, as long as there is milk and chocolate Teddy Grahams for him to nosh on.  (Speaking of, that's practically the only thing I can get him to eat lately, but I suppose it could be worse.)  So really, I'm doing that one solo.

On March 31, there is a 5K down the road a piece that I'm going to attempt to run the majority of the way.  I'm starting Couch to 5K today, and the timing is right for me to be able to run the 3.1 miles by then.  And if I don't run the whole thing I'm not going to beat myself up.  I mean, really - I worked out 5 days last week, the first time since senior year track practice.  I'll just be fucking proud I finished!

Then.  AND THEN.  Oh shit.  On April 7?  The Hubs and I are attempting a half marathon down in Lynchburg - the Jack Daniels 13.1.  Seriously, I just want the t-shirt.  I hope to run/jog 3.1 of it, and walk the rest.  There's a four hour time limit.  I got this shit.

Even worse?  Better?  I don't fucking know - On April 28, I just got talked into the Nashville Rock and Run for St. Judes.  Evidently I'm "a pussy" if I don't.  Well fuck THAT.  Challenge ACCEPTED.

AND THEN... In October, I plan on doing a half with my gal pals Katrina and Courtney in Kansas City.  The three of us were in the Alpha Phi house at Washburn University together, and not only are we sisters in that sense, I would very much choose them to be my sisters, period.  They make me laugh until I pee, and then laugh at me for peeing.  They're awesome that way.

Any running tips, playlist suggestions, motivation would be greatly appreciated.  I'm going to try to do this without any major injury, as we know how graceful I am.  Thank GOD there's no flights of stairs involved.  Otherwise, I'd totally need my money back.

10 comments:

  1. GO KELLY!!! I did the C25K and it changed my life! I just ran 24.3 miles last week and am also planning on doing several 5K'S, 10K'S 1/2 marathons, ect., ect.! BEST OF LUCK TO YOU! P.S. I LOVE YOUR BLOG, it cracks my shit up!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mandy! You are SMOKIN' HOT, by the way! I'm so happy for your success! I totally slacked off last night, but am going to make up for it today.

      Delete
  2. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING????

    Ok, now that I got that obviousness out of the way, all I can say is good luck. I don't run. Nope, not gonna do it. So I can offer little in advice. All I can say is if you have a goal, stick to it and don't worry about time or placement or any of that shit. Just do it for you and make sure you know that doing it is an extreme accomplishment.

    Gooooooooo, Kelly!! (shakes pom poms)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, I love you. And now I think I need a poster of you, Jen, Johi, Noa, and the rest in cheerleading uniforms to hang by the treadmill.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Scott, at the end of the race it sure will be! Maybe that's our parting gift!

      Delete
  4. I've done over 15 marathons (yeah, I'm out of my fucking mind) and I SWEAR by the Galloway walk/run training method. Just google Jeff Galloway's name and you'll get a ton of sites to talk you through it. Good luck!

    PS: Oh yeah, and the Black Eyed Peas have a kick-ass running cadence, yo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course the BEP will be on the list. Because I'm Fergalicious, def. HA!

      Delete
  5. This is why I texted you yesterday asking if we were idiots.

    ReplyDelete