Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Super Bowl Goodies Mean I Fast Until Sunday...

Oh my goodness, y'all - we're throwing a Super Bowl party this year, and I am so excited!  Not so much to scrub my house like the Queen is coming over, but to cook all sorts of deliciousness for our guests.  And there had better be leftovers, dammit.  You think I kid?  Don't think I won't hide something in the laundry room...

I don't have pictures to post, as I am not The Pioneer Woman, although if Ree were to invite me over to hang out, I'd probably have to change my pants I'd be so excited.  I love her to pieces, and well, she's just brilliant.  And I would love to have Charlie and Walter move in.  Basset Hounds make the world go 'round.  It's true.

Anyway...  I'm going to have big kids and little kids at this partay (hey, ho), so I needed to have my menu be somewhat little-kid friendly (there's always pb and j or mac and cheese should all else fail).  I asked The Preteen what she wanted to have, and her only request be that there be pickles available.  So I suppose I really can't screw this up too badly.

Appetizers:

Ugly Dip
Reuben Dip w/Rye Bread
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Beer Cheese Dip
A shit ton of tortilla chips
Veggie Tray
Cheese/Crackers

Real(?) Food:
Ham and Swiss sliders
BBQ meatballs and Lil' Smokies

Desserty Type Noms:
Red Velvet Gooey Butter Cookies (THAT'S WHAT'S UP!)
Football brownies

I think that pretty much covers it.  If you're dying to know the recipes, let me know.  I'm sure I stole them from someone sometime, but they've been in my kitchen for so long, eff the copyright. ;)

Maybe I should actually buy real food that only my family is going to eat too on this trip...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, so Imma gonna need the recipe for those darn cookies! Not that I'm supposed to be eating cookies, but damn. You know? Also, what's an ugly dip?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Misty, I'll email you the recipe for the cookies. I can't believe how easy they are. For real. As far as ugly dip? It just looks ugly, but it is a party in your mouth. Equal parts sour cream/mayo, mexicorn, rotel, shredded cheese, scallions - mix it all together. It looks like barf, but is yummy in the tummy for sure!

      Delete