Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wishes I wish that require a genie.

I wish my dogs' farts smelled like baked goods rather than rotten eggs.  I'm afraid the stench is being absorbed into every fiber in this house.  Permanently.

I wish The Jetsons' way of life was real.  Now.

I wish Merry Maids would show up.  For free.

I wish Mary Poppins would land in my backyard.  So I could shower whenever I felt like it, not just when the little one is caged asleep.

I wish I could snap my fingers and I'd be showered, coiffed, and presentable.  I desperately need a shower, but I don't have the energy.  And it's not even 8 am.  Sad.

I wish traveling by floo powder was an actual possibility.

I wish my Christmas decorations would take themselves down.  They'll be down by February.  I'm sure of it.  Maybe.

I wish it was time for an upgrade on my phone.

I wish I had something witty to share this morning.  Alas, I don't.  I'm kind of in a funk.  I wish I could find my funny.  It's probably hiding behind all the crap that needs cleaned in this house.  But no worries, I'm gonna make this place shiiiiiiiiiiiine like the top of the Chrysler Building!  And the sun will come out tomorrow, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. I've been there!
    After a great beginning to the week, I had to fight with High School Administrators this morning, well fight is a strong word lets use discuss stupidity with. Now I am working from one... 7 year old with Strep. Fortunately my day is watching lots of training videos and configuring a system that everyone swears is easy.

    Some tips for what ails you...
    Living Social has deals on cleaning services, but if ours like me and feels the need to clean for the maid, I recommend being careful.

    Febreze... There I said it.

    Start small with the cleaning or Christmas takedown. Do a bathroom and then sit in there with your ucoffee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why does blogger comments have to be so jacked up, it suddenly decided I was done and would allow no edits or additions....

    ReplyDelete