Friday, August 26, 2011

Cheesenrice.

Alright, here's the deal.  I am so behind in almost every aspect of my life that it is starting to become stifling.  As in I am choking on my own procrastination, and if I don't get out of this funk I'm in, I may not have electricity, water, a degree, any space on any surface of any floor in my house that is passable, or the internetz.  I am physically unable to motivate myself to do anything that I absolutely have to do, outside taking care of my kids.  I'm tired, frustrated, pissy, unable to focus (I read the same line 24817 times, and trying to put together a sentence for a homework assignment that seems somewhat intelligent - forget it)... what. the. hell.  The time in my life when I need to be the most productive, I am unable to do so.

Quite honestly, it is infuriating, yet I sit here on fricking Blogger instead of crossing things off my to do list.  This, I can do.  Talking about contemporary social work practices in a manner that doesn't make me sound like a three year old?  Not so much.  Putting away folded clothes - er, I have trouble with that on a good day.  I know I am capable of accomplishing what I need to, usually, the last two weeks have just been really difficult.  Granted, we've had a lot of change and adjustment with The Hubs coming home, but that shouldn't equate me staring at the wall like it's this magical mesmerizing portal to Oz or something.

I'm going to be 35 in a couple of weeks.  I'd planned on living longer than 70, so this can't be my mid-life crisis.  Unless it's possible to have several.

Bleh.  Sorry about the pity party, table of one.  I'll soon enough get through it.  At least, I'd better, or investing in a cattle prod might become a reality after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment